First Impressions: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices Book 1)


As seen in my Amazon Haul, I recently bought the first book in the Mortal Instrument's prequel series. For this post I will give my "first impressions on the book" since it is a massive book and I have school work to prioritise.

First of all, the cover art for this book is just beautiful (See Picture above). It is dark and mysterious but still holds qualities that we recognise from the Mortal Instruments franchise, such as the rune on who I am presuming to be Will's hand.

So far I have read the prologue and already I can tell that there will be less set up for the demon world then there was in its sister series. It has a darker and more Gothic tone to it and seems to be written for an older audience. Tessa has just arrived in London from New York where she is whisked away by the "Dark Sisters". Their name has me suspicious and the characters Will and Jem already seem to have gotten themselves wrapped up in a dangerous situation. I look forward to reading the rest of the book and will keep you updated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About