#Sherlocklives

On November 23rd, better known as the Day of the Doctor, news spread of John Watson's blog being updated. This had been long awaited since the finale's entry of "He was my best friend and I'll always believe in him". Crushing hearts of millions of fans for a laugh did not seem to be enough though. On the day of all fandoms, the Doctor Who 50th anniversary, the following was posted on the personal blog of Dr John. H Watson: 

"It feels odd. Coming back here. This blog. It's taken me about a week to write this. I kept coming back. Deleting bits. Adding bits. The thing is, I'm not an emotional person. I'm emotional, obviously. I have emotions but I don't embrace grief. I guess I'm very British.
I don't like to talk about it.
But I've been told that I should talk about it. That if I don't talk about it I'll be how I was pre-Sherlock. And I can't go back to that. I've a life now.
I understand that he's dead. And I accept it. I still believe in him. In who he was. The truth behind that will come out, I believe that. But Sherlock is dead and that period of my life is behind me.
And that's what life is. Things happen. Then they're in the past. And you move on to new things. New people. New friends. New beginnings.
But it's also important not to forget the past. And I've found a few photos and a few blog posts I never finished so over the next few weeks I'll be doing that really. Remembering the past.
And I won't feel sad about it. Not any more. Because they were good times. We did good and we had fun. And that's what I'm going to remember. My best friend, and he'd kill me for saying that's what he was, is dead. Sherlock Holmes is dead.
But, by God, he'll never be forgotten."

If this did not get the Sherlock fandom juices flowing, on the same day the first official Sherlock trailer was released. Only 30 seconds long but still managing to destroy all emotions and happiness around the world as we see John's reaction to seeing Sherlock and what seems to be an Anderson run Sherlock fan club. It has begun everyone and I can only say stay calm. There is no date yet but soon enough we should be able to stick it on out recording systems in triumph.



Follow me on tumblr here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/klm225
Add me as a friend on Goodreads here: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11558384-kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About